silvercat17: Winne from William of Newbury attacking with her axe with text "My axe is all the blessing I need" (axe)
[personal profile] silvercat17 posting in [community profile] justcreate
What are you working on? What have you finished? What do you need encouragement on?
 
Are there any cool events or challenges happening that you want to hype?
 
What do you just want to talk about?
 
What have you been watching or reading?
 
Chores and other not-fun things count!
 
Remember to encourage other commenters and we have a discord where we can do work-alongs and chat, linked in the sticky.

Date: 2026-05-09 03:24 pm (UTC)
maevedarcy: 'loving someone' written in pink neon lights from the ILIWYS by The 1975 (Default)
From: [personal profile] maevedarcy
fam, I feel like I've lost a bit of my creative touch. I barely finished one fic and it's like... almost a joke story I'm not that happy about.

On the other hand, I did some not fun but necessary chores around the house so I guess at least *something* is getting done.

As for cool events, I'd like to boost 2 things:
- [tumblr.com profile] sense8week is coming back for another year! This event is mainly held on tumblr, but here on DW you can post your works to [community profile] thecluster to join the party.
- [tumblr.com profile] makehimsubmit is a sub!Derek Hale fest where you're invited to make Derek Hale submit to whatever your heart desires. Check the pinned post for details and the AO3 collection.

Date: 2026-05-10 05:28 pm (UTC)
dianec42: Cross stitch face (DecoLady)
From: [personal profile] dianec42
I've been on vacation so haven't really gotten much done besides that and the ongoing mountain of laundry. :D

I did make a prototype skirt before vacation, and got a pattern for an interesting-enough top to coordinate. Not the one I had my heart set on, but one that did come with free shipping. What's the worst that could happen?

Today I got a tiiiiiiiny bit of stitching done. We'll see if I can get more done or if the cats try to tear down the craft room door again.

This weekend I am going to the Celebration of Needlework in Nashua NH.

Reading: Death of the Author, by Nnedi Okorafor. Love it.

Watching: Catching up on For All Mankind on Apple TV. Season 3 is starting out pretty awful: bad science, too many new plot elements, I feel like Ellen's character has been declining over time. I hope it settles down soon.

Date: 2026-05-11 03:08 am (UTC)
dragonjournal: (Default)
From: [personal profile] dragonjournal
I got a new plot bunny. It's been okay. Not sure where it's going, but... there ya go. That's what I've been working on lately.

I have been watching ALL THE HOCKEY PLAYOFFS Because they are good.

Reading: I'm not even sure? It's a story of a girl gifted with gods-given powers, and now has to marry ONE of four princes. But she wants all four. I think it's a reverse harem but I'm not sure.

Date: 2026-05-11 03:22 am (UTC)
soc_puppet: Words "Creative Process" in purple (Creative Process)
From: [personal profile] soc_puppet
Event boosts:

I just found out about [community profile] fandomdoestzedakah, a panfandom fundraiser for various Jewish charities. Being Jewish or creating Jewish-themed things are not required for participation.

The theme poll for 2026's [community profile] summerofthe69 is up, and will close on Friday! There's not quite two-thirds as many votes as last year, so I'm hoping for a bit of a bump soon, but it's not exactly the end of the world if I don't get last year's numbers.



Today was Mothers Day in the US (and possibly elsewhere), which means it's also Super Fucking Busy Day for most food service establishments! This includes the hotel where I work, which serves a very fancy buffet brunch for Mothers Day. I worked long and hard and am very tired. (On the plus side, I got to bring home some leftover bite-sized cheesecakes and coconut tapioca pudding; yum!)

Date: 2026-05-12 03:28 am (UTC)
i_like_the_stars: Belle lovingly embracing Motobud (still red) (STH Belle and Motobud)
From: [personal profile] i_like_the_stars
I got into pixel art the other day, and it's just what I needed. It's methodical enough that it scratches my brain, but not overly so. I've found I struggle with other mediums of art recently because it all feels very… loose? Not enough structure to it? Which, of course, isn't entirely true, but doing something entirely new instead of working out a new system/perspective on mediums I'm already familiar with is the better way to go.

On top of pixel art, I'm finding I really enjoy paper crafts. Again, methodical, but not overly so. Plus, it's working with my hands! I enjoy doing that. I'm very clumsy, though, so there's a bit of an internal struggle to work through.

Profile

justcreate: (Default)
Time to sit down and make it!

August 2026

S M T W T F S
       1
234567 8
9101112131415
161718192021 22
23242526272829
3031     

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags